Subject: [Leica] 24mm viewfinders
From: leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson)
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 09:23:09 -0700

Gerry, good choice. That is an excellent lens.
I believe that a finder was important in the film days, but with the
instant ability of an image to view, not so much in the digital age.

I have a finder for my 21mm, but have never used it.
Shoot with the lens enough & you'll get a feel for how much more it
shows you than what you see in the rangefinder window.

I've yet to use a finder with my 15mm as well.

That said, if you are working rapidly in changing conditions and only
have one chance at the shot, then a finder will help.

If the 25mm finder Nathan has is reasonably priced (as his stuff usually
is), might as well get it and even if you don't ever end up using it,
you can sell it with the lens when you eventually convince yourself you
need to upgrade... ;-)

Jay

Replies: Reply from gerry.walden at icloud.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] 24mm viewfinders)