Subject: [Leica] "Old" LR Catalogs
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 11:05:39 -0700

Thanks Tina...

I maintain only 1 catalog... just in case anyone is trying to copy my
actions....   If you keep more than 1 current catalog, stop reading, and do
not do anything I am doing without thinking it through first......

I went back in and deleted all but the last 3 catalogs dupes, just in
case.....  ( they went back to LR2 versions, I can't imagine those are worth
anything....)

And ditto on the backups.....

Got back about 60GB for my trouble, and eliminated a bunch of garbage......
Not bad for a few minutes work.

What I find most interesting is that in LR CC 2015, there is a new catalog
protocol.  If I ever STOP paying my $10 a month, and I try to go back to LR4
( I skipped V5), there is no catalog info of having imported the subsequent
images.  It would mean re-importing; re-setting all the crops, adjustments
in exposure etc, ; etc....  A LOT of work.

I knew there was a catch in moving forward to the CC versions..... now I
know ...

It appears, Adobe owns me.

I do not know if the non-CC version of LR, LRV6, is capable to reading those
catalogs..... and maintaining all the work done in CC..... this is a
possible out....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

Frank,

I save the two most recent backups and delete the rest.

Tina

Message from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] "Old" LR Catalogs)