Subject: [Leica] "Old" LR Catalogs
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 06:47:45 -0700

While doing some computer backup work, I discovered that LR catalogs and
backups are in a specific folder.

Not a surprise.

What was a surprise was that every time you close the program or ask LR to
backup your catalog,

it places a new and complete copy of the entire catalog in your intended
place.

But it does NOT erase the old copy.  So after a period of time, you end up
with a whole bunch of old catalogs.

Now the question is. are these old catalogs of any use or can they be erased
without a problem?

I do realize the last one maybe has some value as a backup, but after a
whole bunch of these, some of which may be more than a year old, you wonder
if the storage space could be recovered.  Thus my question...

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net

Replies: Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] "Old" LR Catalogs)