Subject: [Leica] M
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 18:41:58 -0700

Actually, it?s a great camera despite quite a few features I?ll never use.
In so many ways, it beats the late lamented M9.
Having figured it out, I can switch ISO and/or exposure compensation just as
quickly as on the M9, even though the process is different.

One thing I really appreciate is the improvement in
battery condition display. My M9 ran out of juice when the display said that
it still had more than 1/3 of its energy left. The M was still going strong,
though issuing repeated warnings when the battery dropped below 20%, and was
still working fine at 15%, at which point I quit. So, for the M9, a spare
battery was a necessity. I don?t think I?ll need one with this camera.

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204