Subject: [Leica] IMG: Finally!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 14:02:21 -0700

Hi Jim,
Well Jim I didn't see the previous image so I can't comment on your
question. However? This image modified or not is an out and out incredible
butterfly photograph.
If one didn't know it had been tweaked in some fashion? Nor how much it was
fiddled?
It DOESN'T MATTTER! It's one super beautiful photograph.

Now I know there is and are all kinds of things out there in the cold cruel
world for "tweaking or fiddling" photos. The truth is for me? "IT'S always
the content first and foremost!

I'd much rather never know an image has been fiddled certainly  where
colours have been mightily changed compared to the original.  Sure my style
of tweaking amounts to?  "auto-colour" And or other auto things the computer
will do? Within reason!
And if it looks "cool?"  That's where it stays. If it kind of looks over
done?? Click it's gone back to the original!

It's sort of a carryover from those great B&W days and retouching which I
never learned to do. A little burning in around the outer sides of the
print, that should be so gentle a viewer almost doesn't realize it was done.

Sorry a bit long! :-(
cheers,
Dr. ted Grant
TEDGRANTPHOTO.COM