Subject: [Leica] Move over Q, here comes AIR
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 15:07:48 -0400

Neither did Mae West.

This does sound like a very viable idea. When you?re carrying around a big,
tremendously high-resolution touch screen (much bigger and better than the
1-Mpx LCDs on the backs of even the high-end ?real? cameras) and a whole
bunch of memory in your pocket every day already, why not use it in
conjunction with a decent-sized lens and sensor without taking on all the
baggage of another screen and all the structure needed to support it and
attach it to the lens/sensor and provide all the mechanical controls that
are part of a ?real? camera? Other than doing without a viewfinder, I don?t
see much downside to it.

Leica should do it too, with a FF sensor, an M flange, and an R adapter. And
a Monochrom model. Any leica glass ever made, through-the-lens viewfinding,
immediate connectivity, in-device rudimentary post-processing, video for
those so inclined...

?howard