Subject: [Leica] Q Leica - the defining moment for Leica in mid 2010s
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 23:04:54 -0400

I agree with you in very smartly agreeing with me, Mehrdad!
But I do think the crux of the issue is Leica is not all about making niche
products. Its all about making premium products.
Leica is not all about super weird its all about super good.
Some think its weird to spend twice the money on something so premium will
always mean weird to them.

Many people thought of this as the new Mini M which kept being announced but
instead we got the X Vario. An X with a Zoom the X1 and 2 system a cropped
system none would stand up to the Sony R1 in final image quality and that
was a very intentional thing. Then the shiny T system which did everything
to dazzle you from the fact that as a cropped system it was totally
outclassed by the R1.

Leica is back to making Barnack's now and that's going to be a very good
thing for Leica's own image because the people always know whey they are
being bushwacked.. I think we're going to see a ton of superitlve imagery
done with this Q camera done by many of the most respective people.
Guaranteed to be the number one stocking stuffer for the holiday season half
a year away. And the thing to be found in the bags of many serious photogs
as a backup and to be shooting when things need to be more low key.

M may be the boss. But its Q who is on top of the technology!