Subject: [Leica] OT & IMG: My mechanic moved
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 23:00:31 +0100

That's one hell of a big jump premises wise - and a very big stocking loan
too!

I'm a bit of a Citroen fan myself, Philippe. Had a GSA 1220 Break back in
the late 70s/early 80s that was by far the best handling car I'd owned up to
then. On the twisty Irish roads, it'd leave most things for dead. I loved
the revolving speedometer in it, even if I didn't look at it much. More
recently, I had an '02 C5 which was exceedingly comfortable and surprisingly
quick. Sadly, they had the more conventional speedometer.

I would buy another C5, but they've done away with the hatchback option, and
if you now want a mid sized Citroen with a hatchback, you're stuck with one
of those faux SUVs which handle poorly, and have twice as much tin in them
as any same urban commuter would need. If you like go, you need low.

Those DS photos are great - a wonderful car.

Douglas