Subject: [Leica] So much for "film is forever"..
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 13:41:53 -0400

Its flattering when they steel a portfolio. Takes up needed space in the
getaway car where a microwave or flat screen or tablet could be.

I shot a model portfolio once and she died a few years later. A few years
after that her parents called me they'd been broken in to. The crooks ran
out with their TV and her  model portfolio. One of those black leather ones
brass zippers we used to use in the 70's and 80's with the plastic pages to
put the pix in. Both the photographers and the models. One year we all went
from 11x14 to 8x10.
So they wanted it back it was in near the top of the list of their most
prized positions. Of little value for a crook one would think.
So we went through her file at my studio and they re ordered all the prints
off of contacts.  Also she was in a few of my fashion jobs so there was lots
of stuff to go through it took an hour.
So I spent all night printing only I did it not on RC paper but on fiber
this time and I threw in a bunch of extra stuff they'd not have been aware
of.
So I felt good about that they were fixed twice and selenium toned for
permanence.  Dried on archival screens. A few decades into it I doubt
they've faded or have stains.
So they have that to remember their daugher by. Jill. We had the same
birthday.
People die by their prints take longer to fade.