Subject: [Leica] Critiques
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 16:55:11 -0700

On May 4, 2015, at 11:32 AM, George Lottermoser <george.imagist at
icloud.com> wrote:

> In my opinion Doug Herr is producing a quality of work, with an educated
> and enlightened vision, which is actually adding to the "History of
> Photography in the Field of Ornithology." I believe (though I don't know)
> he may have created some of the best photographs of certain specimens in
> existence; as in "the one to beat."
>
> Chris Crawford documents deeply and widely in geographic areas and forms a
> body of work with a powerfully strong personal vision which is almost
> unmistakable.
>
> Steve has done medical work which stands alone in empathy and intelligence.

thank you George, for remembering these images. I was moved by your mention
here, was already thinking of revisiting some of the files of these images
of kids. There were many not included through my own time demands and
oversight. By your encouragement, that of others, and a nudge from Ted
Grant, I will revisit these images. As I'm retired now, have the time, I
would love to see some of these kids again, show some photos I've made,
visit old favorites, look for images previously ignored. I hope you feel you
can support this idea, feel it's not a waste of time.  thanks...

steve

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Critiques)
Message from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Critiques)
Message from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Critiques)