Subject: [Leica] Critiques
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 15:44:33 -0500

On May 4, 2015, at 3:25 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> It's true, George, that my job description and the purpose behind my
> photography has changed since I retired.  Perhaps that's why I'm so lost.
> I was using my photography to try to make difference in the world but now
> I'm taking photographs to sell to textbooks.  I wish somebody would pay me
> to take the kind of photographs that make a difference, but that's not
> happening.

I don't know if I'm correct; yet I do firmly believe that we always need to
"feel" and continuously "develop" a purpose as the camera rises to our eye;
if we intend to develop a strong, consistent, and coherent "body of work."

How we arrive at "purpose" becomes our unique journey in our chosen field.
Discovering that purpose becomes the challenge, the excitement, the dynamic
potential when we pickup our cameras; and walk the streets; and/or travel;
and/or set up the studio lights, backgrounds and foregrounds; and/or the
'blind' in the wild.

That's what keeps me photographing, writing, drawing, living; the search for
purpose while creating a coherent manner; not the search for markets; and
certainly not the search for a way to appeal to some non-existent
everybody-market.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com