Subject: [Leica] I am still alive, thanks for asking
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 09:56:55 +1000

Oh I love BW too, Mark, just not ONLY BW. Most of my (studio)
photography is with the S system these days and my M stuff is largely
languishing.

http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/157540738

http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/157417580

http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/159203426

http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/157890340

http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/159324323

On the M246 files, a very smart software guy I read says the files are
plain vanilla DNGs (1.3 I think). So I don't know what the issues are
with the Mac programs. I guess it is because there is no demosaicing
going on, no RGB RGB etc. No doubt Apple will catch up.

Howard I am amazed at the prices for the print encyclopaedia. See if
you can convert them to a camera! then there is Goggle for the rest
;-)

You need to shot some black and white Hoppy! More people will know you're
alive! For the real important stuff!

On 5/1/15 6:49 AM, "Howard Ritter" <hlritter at bex.net> wrote:

>* Well, thank goodness! About you, not the M246 file problems.*

I am a B&W kind
>* of guy, though as a retiree I?m not sure I could have justified the*
>* un-budgeted expense. Serendipitously, my son just informed me that the
>last*
>* print edition of the Encyclopaedia Britannica, which I impulsively bought
>a*
>* set of a couple of years ago, now sells on the secondary market, like *
>* Amazon*
>* and eBay, to collectors for 5-6 times what it cost new?just about the *
>* price of*
>* the M246! If I could sell mine for that, it would be an un-budgeted *
>* windfall*
>* There?s a nice symmetry there?*

?howard