Subject: [Leica] IMGS: More Wales
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 06:57:27 -0400

One of Tom Jones hits being  " "Green, Green Grass of Home".
And not the  "Black, Black Coal of Home".

Perpetuating the Welsh heritage, and commemorating the vision and virtue of
the following Welsh patriots in the founding of the City, Commonwealth, and
Nation: William Penn, 1644-1718, proclaimed freedom of religion and planned
New Wales later named Pennsylvania. Thomas Jefferson, 1743-1826, third
President of the United States, composed the Declaration of Independence.
Robert Morris, 1734-1806, foremost financier of the American Revolution and
signer of the Declaration of Independence. Governor Morris, 1752-1816, wrote
the final draft of the Constitution of the United States. John Marshall,
1755-1835, Chief Justice of the United States and father of American
constitutional law.
?Philadelphia City Hall

On 5/1/15 2:09 AM, "Gerry Walden" <gerry.walden at icloud.com> wrote:

> Mark

Your comments about coal mining in Wales sadly reminded me of the 1966
> Aberfan mining disaster in which a spoils tip (i.e. mountain) moved
> because of
> heavy rain and engulfed a school in the tiny village of Aberfan, killing
> 166
> small children (try searching the internet for ?Aberfan Mining Disaster
> images?). Most of the coal mining has now disappeared from the valleys, but
> the tradition of hard men lives on. One of the most famous ?sons of the
> valley? is singer Tom Jones.

Gerry

Gerry Walden
023 8046 3076