Subject: [Leica] IMG: A Quote and Some Color
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 09:42:59 -0500

The registration numbers can be customized and manipulated, as well.  A
local pilot, who owns a string of car dealerships which feature his
name, formerly flew a Beech Duchess, registered as "N1SM", and he used
the call, 1 Sugar Mike.  When he upgraded to a Beech King Aire 90, with
turboprop speeds and higher altitude capability, the new airplane came
with its own registration number. It wasn't long before the old airplane
was sold in Canada, which has its own registration system of all-alpha,
no numerals.  Then the new airplane was reregistered as N1SM.  So, we
still his familiar voice reporting 1 Sugar Mike's position in the pattern.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA