Subject: [Leica] Shoot less... ?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 19:36:13 -0400

Sometimes the way it works Steve is you're talking with art directors or
clients and its on the table that you're going to be shooting around ten
rolls. Photographers charge by the roll I charged 25 dollars a roll so they
want an idea of how many rolls you are going to be shooting.
You'd love to think the art directors or clients are not going to discuss
with you what cameras you are going to use and have the sense to leave it up
to you but unless you are a famous photographers they often do.
And the discussion could be you are shooting ten 35mm rolls.
But now all of a sudden they are talking about more of as quality thing. You
are maybe thinking down the line of large display prints and maybe square
format so maybe you'll  shoot it in medium format.
Since I'm shooting it in medium format lets remember that that's less
exposures to choose from. Are they going to care? Does it come up in the
conversation? Does it change the quote?
In some cases maybe on most cases not.
By the way Steve this is not my quirky opinion I just came up with its my
direct expeornce of 30 years in professional photography.
You can shoot ten rolls with the Hasselblad or ten rolls with the Nikon in
most cases no ones worrying about how many exposures are being shot.
They just want to know you think you're going to end up with twenty good
images In most of my quotes if I'm shooting medium format I didn't budget in
more rolls to make up for the fact that there was less on a roll. And I
don't think my photog friends did either for the most part. For the most
part a roll is a roll. And I think its very cool some people like you don't
know that. But please don't let me change your entrenched opinions.

On 3/23/15 6:59 PM, "Mark Rabiner" <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:

> Thanks Steve you're a love and don't ever change your mind.
>

> On 3/23/15 6:49 PM, "Steve Barbour" <steve.barbour at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Mar 23, 2015, at 1:57 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>

> I'm saying here Steve that when you shoot larger format you shoot less
>
>> exposures and no one complains.

4 images is four images, rabs.

geeze