Subject: [Leica] Shoot less... ?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 17:55:04 -0400

There is an argument because this is one of a heaping handful of internet
photo memes which gets put out and takes a toe hold and never lets go.  Many
of them play into the desire for causal shooters that they don't need to do
as much during and after their shoots. They are off the hook on any number
of issues on many of these..
Coverage was never was a controversy before the internet. It was a forgone
conclusion. it was the first week of photo 101.
If you thought you needed two rolls bring four.
But anything which demands less from today's photo enthusiasts seems to have
an irresistible allure.

Here is my trickle down list of photo memes I recall seeing on photo lists
such as the LUG:
The ten non commandments of photography now.

1. Shoot it and then don't touch it.  It will no longer be the truth.
2. Shoot everything wide open.  Stopping down is evil. Pro's all shoot
everything wide open all the time and always have.
3. Digital photography is a compromise to real film photography. Get smart
and trade in your digital cameras for real film cameras. We'll all give you
a pat on the back for it. (this just happened).
4. Photoshop is evil. Do not "shop" that image! There is no truth after
Photoshop. Anyway its too much trouble get a cheaper simpler program
instead.
5. You should politely ask peoples permission before you ever take their
photograph. You are infringing on their privacy and might upset them.
Always ask first.
6. Professional photographers have no integrity and only care about their
next deadline and the money they make from it. They will leave you in the
street to get run over and or bleed to death. Each and every one of them.
        But my favorite is certainly the present one.
7. If you want your pictures to look better shoot less of them.
...any idiot can shoot a shotgun style amount of pix and get an ok one.
But a real photography only shoots one or two and concentrates!

8. The first last and most important  thing about buying your next lens is
the quality of its bokeh.

And the jokes on all the people who are so gullible to consider any of this
garbage even for second.
I'm sure there are  dozen more. I'm making a list and checking it twice.

9. Your lens is a valuable investment so make sure it is covered at all
times by a UV filter. It will have no negative effect on your images and
will do the needed job of absorbing evil UV rays. (this one was around long
before the internet). Oh and if your UV filter is multicoated you wont need
a lens shade.
10. And if we want the poor to have more money we should tax the rich less
money.