Subject: [Leica] ***SPAM*** Re: Tina's softness/sharpness/focus issue - might be solved, in part
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 12:08:15 -0700

I for one am really shocked at the hard time that Tina, one of the
absolutely best photographers here, is getting from the LUG.  I get her
point.  I try to be helpful, mostly off list.  It is nice to have extra eyes
to tell you which photos are worth putting the extra effort in to make them
marketable, which is her profession.

As far as Richard's comments, to always show your best, that does have some
truth to it, but then again, I guess it depends on what the LUG is all
about.  Is it a showcase, or is it a learning tool? I guess it is a bit of
both.  I do both, I guess.  Friday flowers, Saturday Signs, Weird Wednesday
are showcase events, even though many ask for comments.  But I also show
shots that I am expecting to get some feedback on, and they are maybe not my
best, but are an experiment that I want a different set of eyes on to get a
less biased opinion.  Is it strong in composition?  Is there a deficiency in
technique?  B&W or color, which I do think is a very valid question for some
who work mainly in one medium.  If everybody liked the same thing, it would
be a very boring world, though there would be less arguments taking place.

So, I comment on her photos when I have something constructive to say about
things that are not monitor dependent, but most of all I just enjoy
traveling with her, and others, to far away places that I will never see,
except through the eyes of VERY talented photographers like Tina.

Keep them coming, Tina.  I am enjoying the trip.

Aram