Subject: [Leica] [OM] And now a Lightroom question
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 11:31:37 +1000

And if you want you can actually create Smart Previews of your images and
edit them anywhere , on your laptop while travelling for example even if
never on-line and synchronise the edits later.
With both programs you can have copies on main computer and laptop
concurrently and synchronise anything, including setting s and pre-sets as
well as image edits all of the time.
I guess it comes down to how you use the programs and your needs and wants
too. For many photographer LR on its own is all they need. That is what it
is for, after all.

For me I use both programs together all of the time. I am in midst of
re-editng some 1700 frames or so from previous projects with one model.
Lightroom means I can find everything and filter to a very advanced level.
cropping, WB, exposure, contrast, colour profiling, sharpness local and
global, it is all there. Actually for some work with fashion or beauty for
example LR has some wonderful tools that are very quick precise  (Yay for
automasking for local adjustments for one!!) then from within LR I can pop
into PS where I want to use some particular tools, say for sculpting or
anything with layers/masks, precision spotting better than you can do with
any healing, content are anything etc etc, and then the image is there in
LR with all of those adjustments for exporting for web , print whatever.

This is for sure enthusiast level use of the programs of course and as I
mention for many they have no need...until you discover what you can do!

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman