Subject: [Leica] How to take gear long-haul
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 09:06:37 +0530

Adam,
I get allowed two carry ons of unspecified weight when I travel to East
Africa by Qatar or Emirates, my airlines of choice. I have a roller bag,
the Lowepro Pro Roller Lite, which is lightweight and airline carry on
compliant, but manages to carry all my usual equipment - Nikon D4/D800E,
16-35, 50, 70/200. 200/400, three teleconverters, a Fuji X100S and a
binoculars - except last time, when the Arusha customs decided to shake me
down for a baksheesh, I have never had a problem carrying this level of
equipment in and out. Of course, my equipment is mainly for wildlife. I am
not sure where you are going near Kili, but in general for wildlife
photography in East Africa, a reach of 400mm is more than sufficient, and a
pair of good binoculars is essential!

Get in touch with whatever additional info you may require.

Cheers
Jayanand