Subject: [Leica] Ten years ago today
From: billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce)
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 00:42:32 -0500

Nathan,

I have been touched by your story. As someone who grew up in and continues
to live in a city that received many Russian Jews, I have know many of them
and found them to be uniformly kind gentle people. But most of all I was
touched by the story of your rather and his last wife. After far too many
years in a bad marriage, I finally had enough and divorced. The first two
years after were indistinguished, but just over a year ago, I met a woman
who has been to me, and I too her, the things you describe about your father
and Lidia. Before this happened I would not have understood what a special
thing they had, but now it come home to me. I am the happiest I have ben in
my life, and I clearly understand how he must have felt. Alas, we are both
older than your parents, so we will not have a son like you, but I hope that
her two daughters will speak of me as you speak of your father.

Bill