Subject: [Leica] Unexpected camera limitation
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 05:52:15 +0100

The depth of field and onset of diffraction limit for sharpness is
completely different in small sensor cameras than those of 35mm. Very few,
if any, of these small sensor cameras stop down less than f8 since the loss
of sharpness due to diffraction is significant and the increase in DoF
unnecessary.
They didn't think of the type of thing you were trying to do, I suppose, or
making such a small aperture accurate (f16 on a 5mm fl lens is 0.012") is
not economically feasible.

Frank D.