Subject: [Leica] Leica prices
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 02:07:53 -0400

Geoff I wish I could see your work but all I get is a black square I reset
my Google but I wonder if its my server or supplier or one of those things.
Or solar flares.
I hope it resolves itself soon. It might when I move from Leopard to Snow
Leopard. Their feet are more webbed and grab the pixels right out of the
air.

When I started shooting medium format on the seamless it was with my
Hasselblad ELM and 150 Sonnar. It was July/21/1979 and I was 28.5. With 12
on a roll and an unfamiliar viewfinder I was not confident I was getting my
shot at the end of a shoot. So I'd backup  an important shoot up with my 105
2.5 Nikkor on my FE2 and 36 on a roll Panatomic X which I was used to. The
problem being when a client got results from both The results didn't match
up. It wasn't that the 150 Sonnar and larger format gave results that were
sharper its that they were smoother and richer.
I'd love to see a shoot perhaps you'd do this in which you shoot with both
your 35mm format Leica M as well as your S. Same gal same setup.
That would be very interesting to see for all of us.
Might sell some S's. Might not. Might sell some M's and Leica M glass.
Might sell some studio strobes who knows?
I'm guessing the results will echo exactly what you get from film.
The S will seem smoother and richer more than sharper. Though it would
really be all three.

In the distant future when medium format digital is being done by more than
a small subset of people someone will do such a direct comparison between
the Leica S with Leica S glass and the predominant Fuji Hussy's with Hassy
glass. I'm predicting a very close race in  which the Leica edges ahead in
the final stretch.