Subject: [Leica] Leica prices
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 15:20:31 +1000

Thank you George. You expressed my viewpoint perfectly there too.
My Leica gear has cost me a great deal of money, no question and I've been
very fortunate to be able to build up that over the last several years. I
love the photos I make with it  and the way the cameras work to make those
photos.

BW only cameras are surely a niche within an already tiny niche.  Leica
Camera seems to be selling what they can make at the price points they have
set and doing better than for some time. As far as I can see, astute and
successful companies like Fujifilm will design and offer whichever products
they consider  will make them money and/or lift their corporate image in
whatever market niches they like and the availability of the M mount to use
if they want is well established.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman