Subject: [Leica] ***SPAM*** Re: Alternative to the Monochrom
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 19:50:45 -0400

Having stock agency lists like this is a great help to this tread as it
attempts to define " Alternative ". And the list would purportedly exclude
near toy cameras which a pro would eschew. Though it doesn't. The Nikon 1's
are on there for one. Its sensor is half the size of a 4/3's.
An "Alternative" to a camera is another camera. That's as vague as it can
get. A camera with a black and white setting does not narrow it down much.
And also there is also the idea that the Leica Monochrom is a quality
product. And if we feel we can use a cheap one as an  alternative than
that's your definition of that word.
The problem being that the Monochrom probably gives results which are far
above all others as its both a Leica camera made to usual premium standards
AND its the only non medium format digital camera with a black and white
sensor. This second reason is more to the point.
When another camera comes out with a black and white sensor I'm sure we'll
see it compared to the Leica monochrome in tests. Even if its price point is
way lower.

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/help/recommended-digital-cameras.asp

> ina

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 4:10 PM, philippe.amard

--
Tina