Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Lost Photos
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 16:21:22 -0400

Peter,

As a woman, I have to say that almost all of the men in the photos from
Jordan refused to shake hands with me, after they had shaken hands with all
of the other photographers with me (all men).  We visited a Bedouin family
in the desert, a camel herder and his four sons, who were all airline
pilots.  The father refused to shake hands but after a short, intense
argument with his sons, he very begrudgingly touched the tips of my fingers
with his hand hidden in his robe.  The women of the family never came out
of the kitchen ;-)

It's not always an advantage to be a woman, but the men did allow me to
photograph them with no problem!

Tina