Subject: [Leica] OT: The iPad Way
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 07:41:04 +0100

I tried a Samsung Android phone when my iPhone 4S had a fault and needed
fixing. I loved the screen but did not get on with Android. The two things I
disliked most were the need for every bit of software I put on to specify
all its access privileges before using it, and that was everything, and its
habit of deciding it needed to check for updates when it wanted, and then
update most things without asking.
I don't think I would have noticed apart from my music streaming getting
hitherto unexperienced dropouts, which I traced eventually to my 'phone
grabbing bandwidth without asking permission.
Sadly Apple is drifting in the same direction and copying a lot of the
Android way of working. Mavericks makes my computer a bit like a mobile
'phone and the contacts list is completely ruined IMO.
I wish Google would sue and stop them.

Frank D