Subject: [Leica] IMG: Pt. Lobos on WSNKT Day
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 22:05:28 -0800

Ha! Thank you Dr., or should I refer to you as Santa? Your email was one of
the best Christmas presents I have ever gotten. I ain't no Ansel, but I
figure, like most folks on this list, I do love to be out making images!!
So thank you AND thanks to all of you who looked and commented. Very much
appreciated.

As for the color wave pic, it was a shame I couldn't get closer, but it was
a MONSTER tide combined with a strong storm swell. Sneaker waves were a
definite worry. Emergency vehicles were all throughout the park and, with
bullhorns, telling people to even stay off the paths next to the shore
(where I stood just inland of). In all my trips there, I've never
experienced that. So I decided to not enter the PT. LOBOS DEMILITARIZED
ZONE :-)

The BW is my favorite, but I was happy to just get out and work the rust
out of the old system. Retirement is January 5th and then I'm simply free
to do whatever I want (within spousal constraints, of course). Can't wait
to point the cameras all over the place!!

Again thanks to you all and may you all have holidays full of health and
joy now and into the future.
With truly heartfelt gratitude for this group,
Bob