Subject: [Leica] Focus Peaking
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 11:04:31 -0500

Hi Stan,
Typically, I set the focus peaking at low which minimizes the peaking over
shoot.  What you will find yourself doing is upgrading your wides to ones
that have a very high inherent contrast such as the newer Leica M wides.

I have had great luck focus peaking with the 24 Apo Elmarit and the 21 F1.4
.  Using the 21 R lens I get the same result that you are getting; I have
found that I set the focus distance by scale and confirm by peaking.