Subject: [Leica] Opinions Wanted: Sharp or Fuzzy?
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 07:30:31 -0800

Your examples are fuzzy all over.  Is this the look you wanted or is it a
selective center sharp focus with surrounding fuzzy otherwise?  Limited DOF
or something like fuzzy vignetting?

Did you try sharp B+W vs Color  and fuzzy B+W vs Color?

If you are going to set your preferences, try out all the combos....

Now, about sepia toned fuzzy, B+W..... all the rage in the early 1900's

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

I am starting to do a series on "Old Buildings that have not been Torn Down
Yet" (*may be slightly tongue in cheek*) Anyway, I am considering whether to
use one of those old style fuzzy-lens to get certain effect and feelings
across. Attached are 2 pics from the fuzzy-lens and 2 from normal 4x5 lens.
The Stanford Theater shows up on both set so can serve as nice comparison.

What are you opinions? Which "style" speak to you more? I know the "correct
answer" is which one *I* prefer, but  like to hear others' opinions. Thanks.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Opinions Wanted: Sharp or Fuzzy?)