Subject: [Leica] Sensor cleaning
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 22:20:08 -0800

Sensor Gel Stick.....????
https://photographylife.com/product/sensor-gel-stick
http://www.amazon.com/Eyelead-Sensor-Gel-Stick/dp/B00JPD0UQW

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net

There is quite a bit of crap on my M9 sensor. Trying to remember the
discussion a few days ago on the subject, I gather that there was suspicion
of wet cleaning increasing the corrosion risk, although there is no way they
would really know. However, Leica apparently approved one wet product having
isopropyl alcohol. I don?t remember the name of the product. The one I used
successfully once was Eclipse, which contains methyl alcohol. I also seem to
remember that there was availabe, at a high price, of the sticky stuff that
Leica uses at the factory. I would regard that as the safest, though
assuring full coverage of the sensor with it could be tricky.

Does anyone know how to obtain, in the the U.S., a Leica-approved cleaning
kit? I sent email to Leica Customer Care about this, but I?m not
anticipating a prompt answer.

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204