Subject: [Leica] LUG Yearbook 2014 waiting for contributions
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 23:49:20 -0800

Hi Nathan,
THANKYOU VERY MUCH!
cheers,
Dr. ted

-----Original Message-----
From: LUG [mailto:lug-bounces+tedgrant=shaw.ca at leica-users.org] On Behalf
Of
Nathan Wajsman
Sent: November-20-14 9:52 PM
To: lug Group

My contribution will be forthcoming during the next week, Geoff. As you
know, I stick to a personal policy of only sending Leica images (either body
or lens), and this year I am further considering going really retro and
sending two film images. I am right now waiting for a rolls of C41 which I
sent off to be developed, because I think it might have promising images on
it. I should get it during the next couple of days and then you will have my
contribution.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
http://www.frozenlight.eu
http://www.greatpix.eu

YNWA

On 21 Nov 2014, at 02:54, Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well now Dr T! I think that is the stick and not the carrot motivation;-)
> I took on the book for this year because Jim was well overdue to retire as
> author and Brian clearly thinks the yearbook is worth continuing. It would
> have been very unfair if he had to take over. I think I have done
> everything I can to make taking part as easy as possible. Of course
> probably many people don't read my posts ;-)
>
> Every contribution no later than 20 Dec will go in there as long as we
have
> time to resolve any errors. For every contributor so far we have resolved
> any shortcomings/typos/variations and their parts in the book are good to
> go. There are four of the seven weeks I allowed remaining for people to
> send in and be part of this.
> This is YOUR book LUG people. If you have been part of earlier editions
> nothing has changed. If this is your first time, jump in, you will enjoy
> seeing your photos alongside a lot of other great ones. Remember there is
> no obligation to buy the book whether or not you take part too and we
> should have a cheaper eBook for iPad option for you too.
>

> On Friday, November 21, 2014, Ted Grant <tedgrant at shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> Here's what Geoff should have written:  "GET OFF YOUR FAT ASS AND SEND
>> PICTURES RIGHT NOW!"
>>
>> Why is it so difficult for some of you folks to quickly knock off a
couple
>> of images and a title, hit send and it's in the book layout before you go
>> the toilet for your next pee?
>>
>> BUT YOU CAN BABBLEFEST FOR WEEKS ON END ABOUT DUMB ASS GIZMO'S THAT DO
>> NOTHING BUT CREATE TWINKIE-LIGHT REFLECIONS IN THE EYE OF AN UNDERGROUND
>> GOPHER IN THE HIGH HILLS OF SOMEWHERE IN CHINA?  THAT YOU'LL NEVER GET TO
>> EVER GO OR SEE!?????
>>
>> CRICKY! GET A LIFE ABOUT SOMETHING WORTH WHILE FOR A CHANGE! It's a nice
>> book put together for no cost to you showing the world "OUR LUG
>> PHOTOGRAPHY!" I have no idea if other internet type organizations create
>> book as we do?  But I'm going to commit there isn't!  I'm sure due to Jim
>> we
>> are the first and most certainly the "BEST WITHOUT QUESTION!"
>>
>> Most of you have absolutely no idea whatsoever the frustrations Jim
Shulman
>> went through each year he put our annual book together. He went through
>> hell
>> each year simply because he was and still is so proud of the LUG CREW and
>> what we produce in photographs each year. He hung tough and made it work
>> right into New Year's eve! YEAH THAT'S RIGHT! While many of you were
having
>> a wild and woolly New Year's eve PARTYFEST! WHAT WAS JIM DOING?????
>>
>> In case you didn't know? He was sweating his ass off putting the
finishing
>> touches to the book and the late comers photos! And it seems some of you
>> are
>> disrespectful enough you're quite ready to put Geoff through the same
CRAP!