Subject: [Leica] Anyone have a line on a Kobalux 21mm?
From: roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 10:46:24 -0700

The image and description on https://www.cameraquest.com/koba21.htm suggest
it may be a lot like the C-Biogon 4.5.  I'd be curious what the in-person
comparison is.  The cameraquest comment that it is "retrofocus" leaves me
wondering about their definition.  It's all relative.  Very few optics are
strictly symmetrical.

At one time I think it was Adorama also had a little 21mm that looked like
this basic design and tested well at Modern Photo.

Alas, with my Sony I thing the quest for small and good ray angle are going
to force lots of aspherics and larger size than the old compact designs.
We'll see what Zeiss and Sony can come up with.  For now, the WATE reigns
supreme for the Sony superwide end.

Good luck finding one of these.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com