Subject: [Leica] IMG: Another Monochrome Lighthouse
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 15:39:00 -0400

But the Zone system is exactly what I use and always have!  With film, I
looked for Zone 5 and metered off of something like the ground or grass and
then recomposed.  With the Monochrome and the danger of overexposing the
highlights, I try to find Zone 6 or 7 to meter off of.  I usually use the
center-weighted metering but sometimes, in tricky lighting, I use the spot
meter.  I'll admit that my normal style is documentary, not art, so I'm
shooting very fast, handheld, and moving on.  The K2 yellow filter that I
used this trip should just increase the contrast slightly, especially the
sky.  I don't normally use filters at all but the Monochrome files look
very flat just imported into LR.  I'll try running them through Silver FX.
Suggested settings?

Tina

--
Tina Manley