Subject: [Leica] Cash cows
From: douglasnygren at yahoo.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:04:51 -0700

Looking at the prices of new things Leica I can't help thinking the brand
has become a cash cow. Cash cows are desired products that become way
overpriced and then continue their upward climb with the intent to suck
every dollar out of the market before the inevitable crash.

This is no criticism of Leica quality. I love their lenses, but more than
$8,000 for 50mm Summicron? Come on!!!? I think status is what they are
selling with quality as the come-on. I'm glad I bought my equipment before
the rush to the top began.

Doug