Subject: [Leica] Hand troubles
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 07:55:46 -0500

I guess you can look at it two ways in the money department.  First is that
Apple  upgrades the OS significantly, and Kathy's four year old iPad runs
the same stuff as my new one does.  I'm not sure that will always be the
case, but so far, it has.

The upcoming operating system will add more ability to keep music and
pictures in the cloud, so memory size willl not be such a factor, unless
you are off line a lot of the time.

Another thing about the iPads (and iPhones) is that when you want to trade
up, there's reasonable residual value either at the Apple store or at Best
Buy (where I always go.)

I think if you watch the deals online at Best Buy, you'll score pretty
good.  I got my Mini Retina with 4G for the same price as the wi-fi version
on sale, and I also had a coupon, so it came out under $300.

Of course, I wanted the data plan, so that adds to the cost, but my son who
works in the Hotel industry gets by fine without a data plan, as he can
always find wi-fi somewhere.  (Maybe not on I-49 like I did, though!)

I use the smart cover that I found on sale on Amazon, that turns the iPad
off, when you cover it, and a little clear plastic hard shell from the same
for the back the holds the front cover securely.  Total was about $40 and
adds very little bulk.

As far as Apple vs Windows on a pad, I think there will be a curve, no
matter what you choose.  I am NOT an Apple guy on computers, most
definitely. I don't even know how to get around the desktop of one.  I
happen use iPhones, so it was easy for me.

Anyhow, good luck.  (I'm typing this on my Sony Vaio Windows computer,
because I would never have been able to do it on an iPad!)

Sonny

--
Regards,

Sonny