Subject: [Leica] IMG: From the Holocaust (with photo link)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 09:22:23 -0700

Peter OFFERED,,
"" But I must say, one of the things it teaches me is that there has to be a
place where Jewish people do not have to depend on others' good graces for
their survival.""

Hi Peter,
I agree whole heartedly! Having been with the soldiers and airmen of Israel
in battle action and suffered the horrid wailings of sirens during the Six
Day War 1967. Then on one horrid day at the Summer Olympics in Munich 1972,
eleven Israeli athletes murdered by those bent on destroying Israel and its
people was emotionally so depressing, I'll never get over it!

Adding to the depression on that day, the journalist and myself had been to
Dachau to do a story on the horrors of that death camp and had no idea of
the athlete kidnapping and consequent killing of them. Until later in the
day upon returning to Munich. We walked into the Media Press Center of the
'72 Summer Olympics that was our headquarters while covering the Games.

In a location where hundreds of photographers and journalists mingle nosily
all day and night long. "IT WAS DEAD SILENT WITH SOME SITTING QUIETLY
SOBBING TO THEMSELVES!" One might say, the "quiet sound of hell!"

We had already had our emotions torn apart during the visit in the death
Camp. As we drove back from Dachau we hardly said a word simply having been
overcome emotionally from what we saw of a "REAL DEATH CAMP". Then to walk
into, not a happening of many years ago during WW2. But the still ongoing
killings and murders of Israeli athletes of the day. We couldn't believe it!

I have absolutely no idea how the constant attempts to eliminate Israel and
the peoples there can be stopped? Maybe someday mankind of all stripes,
language, religious beliefs will realize "Let live and leave a lone the Jews
who wish to live in Israel! "JUST MAYBE SOME DAY?"

ted