Subject: [Leica] Nap
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 12:23:39 -0700

Hi Scott,

You said:
> [...]
some moments are more private than other.<<<

Absolutely correct! I've lived by a personal rule of, "YOU GET WHAT YOU
GIVE!" This doesn't mean if I "give a hand. I expect a hand or gift in
return!" It's a simple "Do onto others as you'd have them do onto you." A
simple bit of respect.

Always seemed fair enough throughout my life. All part of my "KISS"
PHILOSOPHEY" day to day. Doesn't cost a penny!

And yes I truly have past photo moments purely on the basis of... "IF THAT
WERE ME????????????" Then walked away camera down. I suppose some would say,
it was a "dumb ass thing to do." Obviously in my book, "NO IT WASN'T SIMPLY
BECAUSE IF THAT WERE ME??? WOULD I WANT MY PICTURE TAKEN IN THE SAME
SITUATION?" "Not on  your life!"

And quite frankly, I've never lost a moment of and within my life, anything
because of how I hold in respect the lives of others in the photo life I've
lived.  "KISS!" And you rarely ever loose!"

cheers,
ted

I too thought of HCB and Robert Doisneau and all his wonderful Paris photos.

I understand the shooters side but think its a fine line and perhaps some
moments are more private than other.

Scott