Subject: [Leica] A Productive Eagle Day at the Stand
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:32:16 -0500

Hi, Howard,

Your opening shot is great.  I am amazed at the control they have over
the shape of their wing tips, adjusting the tip shape as required for
their immediate needs.

A college friend of mine, the late Dr. August Raspet, trained a turkey
vulture to fly formation with his sailplane, so that he could photograph
the wing tip shapes.  He had a Navy research contract to come up with
improvements in wing tip efficiency.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA