Subject: [Leica] Mikado, Señoritas, vocabulary, and respect
From: george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 16:23:09 -0500

On Jul 21, 2014, at 4:16 PM, Brian Reid wrote:

>> Well, now I?ve seen everything. If the collective sensibility on the LUG
>> is now such that the term ?se?oritas? is considered derogatory or
>> disrespectful, then it is no longer the place for me. Unbelievable.
>
> Actually, what I said is that the term has different meanings when used by
> different people. What I am asking is that people not be attacked in
> public for their use of language.

Thank you for that clarification Brian.

Seeing as we have a couple, few women on the list,
I'd leave it to them to "decide" when we fellas have overstepped our verbal
usages;
as they may relate the feminine.

But that's just me.

Personally - I've never read one word on the LUG
which seemed to imply a disrespect for any gender;
religion; or any other sub sect of humanity.

Regards,
George Lottermoser

http://www.imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com/blog