Subject: [Leica] Protesting "The Mikado"
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 11:23:44 +0100

Peter,

I thoroughly agree with your comments: Japan in this Victorian context
should be
interpreted as "an exotic country far away" recall that at that point it had
only recently opened to the outside world and although theoretically
accessible,
intercontinental travel particularly from London to Tokyo was not an easy
undertaking. Your point about "presentism" is well-taken..

Peter