Subject: [Leica] Heads up for travellers to Europe: charge your thingies
From: piers.hemy at gmail.com (piers@hemy.org)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 14:10:22 +0100

Yes indeed, Frank, I well remember having to demonstrate that a pc was such
long before one couldn't take a bottle of water on board an aircraft.  Mind
you I also remember having to get DTI export clearance - it was illegal to
take a pc with a 486 chip to 'certain destinations' - but conversely also
get HM Customs certification of personal export, so that I could come home
without having to pay duty and VAT.

I didn't do it for 35 years, but I too am glad to be rid of the 'delight'
that is the business class lounge. And all the theatricals that precede it.

Piers