Subject: [Leica] Stand-Alone Photo Processing Software
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 05:12:33 -0400

I should not claim to know what software exactly medium format shooters use.
I just know they have reason to use software other than Photoshop. Often
software involved with the tethering process. Having their stuff live on a
big screen as they are shooting it being looked at and rated by art
directors. And other parameters having to do with medium format shooting
which I know little about never having done it and I'm told Photoshop
doesn't have. I'm led to believe that all the top work in medium format is
done with specialized software. I'm also aware that a lot of work now done
by respected people is with Lightroom.  But they tend to be younger shooters
not having decades of experience with Photoshop. I just don't think people
who have mastered Photoshop over decades are going to give it up for
Lightroom. They'd be saying goodbye to who knows what and who knows when
you're going to need it.