Subject: [Leica] OT: Fuji X file sizes
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 13:46:56 -0700

Nathan,

Until recently, I had LR convert my Lumix RAW to DNG on import. I was
annoyed to find that the Mac programs that displayed RAW/DNG would not
display these converted DNGs. Since DNG is allegedly a standard, I found
this to be kind of puzzling, especially because these programs would display
the Lumix RAW.

Then someone said that having LR convert to and store DNG was just a waste
of time, and that I should just have it COPY to my negative file. It always
converts to DNG or some compressed equivalent on the fly when importing.
That should solve your massive file program, assuming the the RAW is smaller
than this weirdly converted DNG.

Herb

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org