Subject: [Leica] IMG: Praying Mantis Baby
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:15:56 -0400

PESO:

I ordered some praying mantis egg cases from Amazon.  Four arrived and I
put them in a canning jar in the kitchen with a seed sprouter lid on it.
 It was supposed to take about 4 weeks for them to hatch but after 3 weeks,
I came in the kitchen to find tiny praying mantises everywhere!  One of the
cases had hatched and the babies were small enough to get through the lid!
 I gathered up as many as I could find and the other three cases and took
them to the garden.  Here is one escaping from the canning jar:

http://www.pbase.com/image/156145345

C&C greatly appreciated.

--
Tina Manley