Subject: [Leica] M240 query
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 21:36:47 +0000

That is not normal, I think it turns on to whichever mode was last used so
having LV off when turning off should make it start that way...

john

When I turn on the M, after the boot-up the shutter opens, though no
live view image. If I then push the LV button, the image appears, no
shutter noise. Turning off, I can hear shutter close (whether or not
I've used LV.)

Is this normal operation? For one thing, it means that when NOT using LV
there's still the delay while the shutter closes before exposure.

My recollection is that when I first got the M, it wasn't this way,
i.e., the shutter remained closed until LV was pushed. But I may be
mistaken about that.

Stan Yoder