Subject: [Leica] OT: Sony Sucks, big time
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 14:01:19 +0530

Bill,
Well I am not an Engineering Graduate, though I am a Math/Statistics
graduate. I have been hiring people in campus interviews, lateral recruits,
freshers etc. since 1987, first for Citibank India and then for my own
company, all direct recruits into the management cadre. I think I have
enough experience to know what I am talking about - in fact in both cases,
for freshers, we were only worried about above average intelligence - the
banking/finance know how could easily be taught in a few months. I have
nothing against Liberal Arts majors, only the ones who opt for that stream
are those, in my experience, under Indian conditions, who could not get
admission in professional/commerce/science degree courses. Secondly, a lack
of math knowledge is a severe handicap in most manufacturing/services
management trainee type of jobs. YMMV.
Cheers
Jayanand