Subject: [Leica] Comparing film and digital resolution
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 20:42:41 -0700

Bill Pearce ASKED?"
>>> But aren't there other "measurements" of the quality of our photos than
>>> just resolution?<<<<<<

Yer damn right there is!!!!!!!!! "IT'S CALLED CONTENT!"  As far as I'm
concerned in my many years of published assignments "the content" is the
most effective part of the image! All this constant diddly whackie
conversation  about things like resolution is beyond me! It's nothing more
than a form of technology advancement that will make the "reproduction" of a
smashing great image look better. By the same token it'll make a crappy
assed image look better! BUT THE CONTENT WILL STILL LOOK LIKE A PILE OF COW
DUNG!

For crying out loud, the photograph is a recording of a moment in time!!!!!
Not whether it has 2 tidily-wink measurements of resolution!

Wake up some of you folks!  What do you want to be "........... technicians
or photographers?????????"

God Save me, at least I'm still of the old school that the content of the
image is far more important than all this "modern techie crap" everyone
seems far more interested in, than capturing an earth shaking beautiful
content image in time!"
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Dr. ted :-) Have a nice resolution!

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Comparing film and digital resolution)
Message from red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Comparing film and digital resolution)
Message from billcpearce at cox.net (Bill Pearce) ([Leica] Comparing film and digital resolution)