Subject: [Leica] Inconsistent lens detection on M 8
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 17:43:34 +1000

Richard, that was my experience with marking by that method as well
(several years ago when I had the M8). Just unreliable for me. Others have
reported that they were happy.
I suggest that you also ensure that you do not have any ink residue on the
sensing strip on the mount. One vulnerability for that is if the ink is not
quite hardened (or overly thick) when the lens is mounted. A friend of mine
here even ended up with some of that residue on the coverglass of their M8
sensor. I'm told that the scrubbing needed to remove it was a stimulating
activity ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman