Subject: [Leica] Inconsistent lens detection on M 8
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 19:14:40 +1030

My M8 and MM have both stopped working in direct sun on 45C+ days, where
the cameras both got hot enough that they were difficult to hold.  There
doesn't seem to be any long terrm problem with this.

Leica says the camera works up to 40C.  That means about 10-15 days a year
I can expect problems.  It's just another thing to think about.

Working with film in this had worse risks and was harder, of course.

Marty