Subject: [Leica] M2/HP5 and Monochrom comparison
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 19:36:24 -0500 (EST)

Very interesting. The Mono tones are lovely, and give the model much more
'clean' skin. I prefer the Mono, but recognize the 'film' ethereal look will
appeal at times. If I had one choice I'd go with the Mono, as the film
cannot do
what the mono does and the Mono can 'mimic' to some extent the effects of the
analogue image albeit in a more 'controlled' way. The film cannot give you
the
cleaner smooth tonality. IMO.

Cheers and thanks for the comparison.

Alastair